39/52 A fall tradition.

Making applesauce every fall has been a tradition in my family ever since I can remember. Growing up, I knew nothing other than homemade applesauce. I had no idea you could buy applesauce in a jar! I must admit that all that homemade goodness turned me into a bit of an applesauce-snob, and I refuse to buy the stuff at the grocery, unless it's for cooking or a very occasional small cup purchase to bring on trips for the kids. It's a whole-day affair, with enough made to enjoy hopefully until next year's apple harvest. The cooked apples, cinnamon and nutmeg make the whole house smell delicous! I am so thrilled to be able to pass on this tradition to my kids, who now look forward to grinding it through the mill every year.

1 comments:

The Spauldings said...

Such an awesome tradition, Tamra! I love this. How special that your kids are not only partaking in the tradition now, but they're also going to have some terrific pictures of them engaged in the process to share with their own kids someday!

Post a Comment